Welcome to 6th Grade!!!!
LANGUAGE ARTS- Reading and English
Pearson Reading: www.pearsonrealize.com
Pearson Realize 6th Grade Language Arts Series Goals:
Students will be able to use a variety reading strategies in non-fiction and in literature throughout the year.
1. Identify and using grade appropriate vocabulary in a variety of texts.
2. Analyze the main ideas and details in a text
3. Analyzing text organization
4. Determining and comparing literary elements in a text
5. Identifying and making inferences and generalizations.
6. Recognizing and applying different forms of figurative language
7. Determining the author’s purpose for writing a text
8. Analyzing the author’s point of view
9. Identifying the theme of the story
10. Comparing multiple non-fiction sources on a similar topic
11. Reading independently chapter books
1. Parts of speech
2. Sentence types and extending simple sentences with details
3. Writing paragraphs with details from the text
4. Writing essays
5. Presenting research information
6. Using effective listening skills
7. Spelling words correctly
6th Grade Math uses the Everyday Math curriculium.
Students will be able to use a variety of strategies throughout the year to review, improve and extend their knowledge of Mathematical concepts in order to prepare them for 7th Grade math or Pre-Algebra.
1. Number Relations
2. Operations, Computation and Mental Arithmetic
3. Data and Chance
4. Measurement, Measures, and Numbers in Reference Frames
6. Patterns, Functions and Algebra
There are no upcoming events to display.
I am excited to start the new year and working with your son or daughter. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or at 624-4231 ext: 3202.
I also have a text message reminder app call REMIND101 that will also serve as a way to communicate between school and home. If you text this number (302) 597-9365 with the text message @60215, it will sign you up to my app, and I will be able to text you up-coming assignments and reminders.
I also have a text message reminder app, REMIND101 that will also serve as a way to communicate between school and home. If you text this number (302) 597-9365 with the text message @027e, it will sign you up to my app, and I will be able to text you up-coming assignments and reminders.